Heparinases in Medical Testing Applications
IBEX Pharmaceuticals heparinase I is also used in conjunction with many devices which monitor the anticoagulant levels in the patient blood such as the viscoelastic hemostatic Thromboelastography (TEG) devices, INR monitoring devices and many more.
Sample Applications of Heparinases in Medical Testing
- In vitro neutralization of heparin in blood & plasma samples before analysis.
- Preparation of disaccharides of heparin & preparation of oligosaccharide libraries.
- Measurement of heparin in blood & plasma using the in vitro thromboelastography (TEG) tests
- Coagulation & anticoagulation efficacy studies
- Production of low- & ultra-low molecular weight heparins from unfractionated heparin & immobilization of heparinase I for such use.
- Structural analyses, mass spectral analysis & characterization of heparin, heparan sulfate (HS), low molecular weight heparins, & synthetic heparin pentasaccharides & oligosaccharides.
- Depolymerization of heparin, HS & chemically modified heparins, & molecular weight profiling of heparins.
- Quantification of contaminants in heparin such as oversulfated chondroitin sulfate & persulfonated heparin & quantification of process-related impurities.
- Glycobiology & cancer biology research.
- Identification of the biological properties of HS that depend on the integrity of the S-domains & determination of the spacing between S-domains.
- In vitro host-pathogen interactions in viral infections, virusadhesion inhibition studies, virus-plaque inhibition assays, cell culture experiments, etc.
- In vivo inhibition studies of neovascularization & proliferation of capillary endothelial cells.
- Circumventing the inhibitory effects of heparin in PCR, RTPCR, real-time RT-qPCR reaction & Western Blot.
- In vitro histochemistry, immunohistochemistry, immunocytochemistry & flow cytometry, etc.